Bee Pollen is one of nature’s healthiest and most powerful “superfoods”. Bee Pollen contains most of the known nutrients, including all of those necessary for human survival. It is rich in minerals and vitamins, including calcium, magnesium, manganeses, patassium, zinc, riboflavin, thiamin and vitamins A, B6, C, D, E and K. Because of its B vitamin complex, bee pollen is often used to increase energy and vitality. Athletes often use bee pollen for endurance, strength, stamina and mental clarity. It also contains biotin, a vitamin that is important for the skin, hair and nails. Bee pollen also provides protein, essential oils, essential amino acids, flavonoids and carotenoids, which are important for the synthesis of vitamins A in the body.
Usses of pollen:
Here are just few great reasons to add fresh bee pollen to your daily diet… although there are many more!
1. Energy Enhancer – The range of nutrients found within bee pollen makes it a great natural energizer.
2. Skin Soother – The amino acids and vitamins protect the skin and aid the regeneration of cells.
3. Respiratory System – Bee pollen contains a high quantity of antioxidants that may have an anti-inflammatory effect on the tissues of the lungs, preventing the onset of asthma.
4. Treating Allergies – Pollen reduces the presence of histamine, ameliorating many allergies. Dr. Leo Conway, M.D of Denver Colorado, reported that 94 percent of his patients were completely free from allergy symptoms once treated with oral feeding of pollen. Everything from asthma to allergies to sinus problems were cleared, confirming that bee pollen is wonderfully effective against a wide range of respiratory diseases.
5. Digestive System – In addition to healthful vitamins, minerals and protein, bee pollen contains enzymes that can aid in digestion. Enzymes assist your body in getting all the nutrients you need from the food that you eat.
6. Immune System Booster – Pollen is good for the intestinal flora and thereby supports the immune system. It’s also rich in antioxidants that protect the cells from the damaging oxidation of free radicals.
7. Supports the Cardiovascular System – Bee Pollen contains large amounts of Rutin; an antioxidant bioflavonoid that helps strengthen capillaries, blood vessels, assists with circulatory problems and corrects cholesterol levels. Its potent anti-clotting powers could help prevent heart attack and stroke.
8. Prostate Aid – Men who suffer from benign prostate hyperplasia can find relief by using bee pollen. Bee pollen can help reduce inflammation to stop frequent urges to urinate.
9. Infertility Problems – Bee pollen stimulates and restores ovarian function, therefore may be used to assist in accelerating pregnancy. As well as being a hormonal booster it is also a great aphrodisiac!